Super Visa Medical Insurance ( Visitors to Canada )
Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC) has introduced a Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, for foreign nationals seeking to visit their Canadian or permanent resident child or grandchild in Canada to apply for an extended stay of up to 24 months.
Currently, visitors can usually stay for six months at a time. If they wish to stay longer, they must apply for an extension and pay new fees. With the Parent and Grandparent Super Visa, eligible parents and grandparents will pay fewer fees and be able to enjoy the company of their families in Canada for a longer period of time without having to renew their status.
The Super Visa is a multiple entry visa, which will be valid for up to ten years. An applicant is eligible for a Super Visa if they have:
- Provided proof of the parent or grandparent relationship to the Canadian citizen or permanent resident;
- Undergone a medical examination and are admissible on health grounds;
- Provided satisfactory evidence of private medical insurance from a Canadian insurance company, valid for a minimum period of one year from the date of entry which:
- Covers the applicant for health care, hospitalization and repatriation;
- Provides a minimum of $100,000 coverage; and
- Is valid for each entry to Canada and available for review by the examining officer upon request; and
- Provided a written and signed promise of financial support, such as a letter of invitation, from the host child or grandchild for the entire duration the applicant intends to stay in Canada. The letter must be accompanied by evidence of their means of providing such support. This will normally mean details of the number of persons in the host’s household and proof of income at a level meeting or exceeding the Low-income Cut-off for the total number of persons, including the visiting parent(s) or grandparent(s).
Request Supervisa Insurance Quote Now