Optional Coverage for Even More Protection
Custom-tailor your Critical Illness Recovery Plan policy with this additional coverage that you can purchase:
- Return of Premium: Your policy can refund 50% of your premium payments at the later of your 10th policy anniversary or when you reach age 55. You may elect to either fully or partially terminate your Critical Illness Recovery Plan policy. The refund amount increases by 5% each year until it reaches 100% at your 20th policy anniversary or you turn 65.
- Return of Premium on Expiry: This rider can refund 100% of your premium payments when you turn age 75 and your plan expires(2).
- Scheduled Increase Benefit: On every second policy anniversary, your benefit amount increases by 20% of the original amount, for 10 years.
- Loss of Independent Existence Benefit: Provides financial protection for some of the costs associated with severely debilitating medical problems that leave you unable to carry out two or more activities of daily living , as defined in the policy, or if you become cognitively impaired, as defined in the policy(3).
- Disability Waiver of Premium Benefit: After you have been disabled (as defined by the policy) for 90 consecutive days, RBC Insurance will pay the premiums that come due while you are disabled. We also refund the premiums paid during those first 90 days.
- Limited Premium Payment Option: Available only with the “Level Premiums to Age 75” plan. With this option, you can accelerate your premium payments to age 65, while your coverage remains in force until you reach age 75.
- Return of Premium on Death: If you die while the policy is in force, we will refund all of the premiums you have paid.